Maximize your iPhone's battery life
Updated: September 22, 2013
I've seen numerous discussions about the iPhone and how quickly battery life is
consumed. I've rounded up some ideas that were mentioned to improve battery life. I
have not personally tested these and can not vouch for whether they will work for you.
Many complain that after jailbreaking their battery life seems to be reduced as well.
Do you have any recommendations to be added to this list? Send me an e-mail at
The most important rule to follow is when restoring the iPhone, set it up as a new
iPhone. Do not use backups.
It takes several charge and discharges for lithium ion batteries to achieve their peak
performance. Ensure you are charging your iPhone fully. Ensure you use your iPhone until
the battery dies.
Here's Apple's battery usage page:
You can read other people's experiences here:
Here are some additional suggestions:
- Settings > Bluetooth > Bluetooth (off)
- Settings > Wallpapers & Brightness > Set brightness slider as low as possible, Auto-Brightness (off)
- Settings > General > Auto Lock > 1 Minute
- Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically (off)
- Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data (off)
- Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
- Settings > General > Siri > Siri (off)
- Settings > Privacy > Location Services (off)
- Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Setting Time Zone (off)
- Settings > Mail, Contact, Calendars > Fetch New Data > Push (off)
- Settings > General > Background App Refresh (off)